Halton Region is in the centre of one of North America’s manufacturing heartlands. Halton’s manufacturing base relies on sophisticated machinery, equipment and processes. These advanced manufacturing firms in automotive, aerospace, steel, and materials spur Halton’s innovation ecosystem and are a catalyst to global markets and exporting.
Alongside Halton’s robust manufacturing sector is hub of multinational engineering head offices that have located in the region to draw on its large pool of talent and research support.
- Market Access: Easy access to highway and rail system for goods-movement and close proximity to U.S. border
- Building Solutions: Design-build and speculative real estate options and advanced infrastructure offer ample site selection.
- Talent: Halton's technology corridor has access to 4.5 million potential employees.
- Affordability: Halton stacks up well against neighbouring municipalities
- Incentives: Canada offers significant incentive support for R&D, with total costs 27.7 per cent below the US baseline.
Download Engineering Sector Profile (PDF file)
Halton's Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering Clusters
Over 1,150 manufacturers firms – employing 34,750 technical and general labourers – call Halton home. An additional 125 engineering firms, employing 3,825 professionals are located within Halton Region and feed into the advanced manufacturing cluster.
“...the talent that lives right here in [Halton] or is accessible within a 50km radius is incredible. We have staff that span the entire range from PhD graduates to engineers to skilled labour..." — Anthony Khoraych P.Eng. MBA Owner of Advanced Test & Automation Inc. Milton ON
“We export the vast majority of products that we make, so being close to the airport is very important….access to the 401(hwy) is critical...” — Joe Caldarelli CEO of CPI International Inc., Georgetown ONA
Advanced Manufacturing Sector Supports
Halton's manufacturing companies benefit from both regional and provincial associations and programs.
Contact Invest Halton
For more information on Halton’s advanced manufacturing and engineering cluster or to get connected to opportunities, complete the form below. A member of our Economic Development team will contact you to assist: