Halton Region Inclusion Services collaborates with families and staff in licensed child care programs (nursery schools, child care centres and home child care agencies) to develop intervention plans for children’s development and support inclusive environments. This service is funded by the Ministry of Education (external link).
Service is available to children birth to 12 years of age who:
- Live in Halton
- Attend a licensed child care program
- Are at risk for or have a developmental challenge that impacts their ability to function successfully in their environment
How to Access Services
Parents, or professionals with parental consent, can make a referral for service by calling 311.
Halton Region's Inclusion Services staff work collaboratively with families and child care staff to support children’s development in inclusive environments by:
- Coaching staff to adapt activities to meet goals developed for a child
- Providing training to ensure a positive inclusion experience
- Developing a coordinated Individual Service Plan with input from all team members
- Assisting the family with coordinating other services
- Supporting the transition to elementary school
- Assisting with referrals to other agencies, as needed.
Inclusion services are provided in:
- Licensed full day child care programs, nursery schools, licensed home child care settings and before and after school programs
- The child's home