UPDATED Tuesday, December 11, 10:00 a.m.
The Boil Water Advisory issued for parts of Milton on Friday has been lifted by the Medical Officer of Health. Test results have confirmed that the water is safe to drink.
As a precuation, residents and businesses should take the following steps before using their water:
- Run cold faucets for a minimum of one minute.
- Remove and clean all screens and aerators on taps.
- Run drinking water fountains for a minimum of one minute.
- Run all water softeners through a regeneration cycle.
- Drain and refill hot water heaters set below 45°C (113°F). Normal setting is 60°C (140°F)
- Drain and flush all ice-making machines and soda fountain machines.
Note: please consult the manufacturer or owner’s manual for detailed instructions on how to flush and disinfect ice or soda fountain machines and how to restart water treatment devices.
Any facilities that were closed as a result of the advisory can now reopen after taking the necessary precautions.
If you have any claims or insurance issues please contact 311 for more information.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we dealt with this important public health issue.