About Halton Internship Programs
Paid employment positions are available through Halton Region's Internship Program. These opportunities are open to recent post-secondary school graduates and foreign trained professionals looking to gain Canadian experience.
Graduate Internship Eligibility
All applicants must:
- Be graduates with a post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma.
- Be recent graduates who received certification between January 2017 and June 2018.
- Be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Application Process – Graduates
Halton's Internship program provides opportunities for recent graduates to work for one year in their chosen field. Interns develop skills to help achieve their career goals.
- All applications must be submitted online. Visit halton.ca/jobs to apply. Please include an email address on your application.
- Job opportunities will be posted in February.
- Applicants selected for interviews will be notified via email. All interviews will take place in March.
- The employment period runs from June 2018 to June 2019.
Please note: We receive a high volume of applications for these positions and are unable to provide status updates for all applicants. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Possible Fields of Employment
Opportunities vary depending on the needs of each department. Previously, interns have worked in the following areas:
Chief Administrative Officer's (CAO's) Office
- Human Resource Services
- Social & Digital Media
- Financial and Purchasing Services
- Information Technology Services
- Healthy Environments and Communicable Disease
- Paramedic Services
- Public Health Business Planning and Improvement
Legislative & Planning Services
- Asset Management
- Economic Development
- Transportation and Transit
Public Works Department
- Engineering and Construction
- Integrated Management System & Quality Assurance
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
Social & Community Services
- Housing Services Division
- Quality and Service Integration
- Services for Seniors
Foreign Earned Credentials
Halton Region has been rated as one of Canada's best employers for new Canadians by Mediacorp Canada Inc. The Region participates in several mentoring programs and internships to help foreign trained professionals develop the skills required to successfully enter the Canadian labour market.
Do you have foreign earned credentials? Are you interested in working for Halton Region? Visit the links below to have your qualifications assessed. Find out how your work experience and education equates to Canadian credentials.