Summer Students Program Details
May to September, 2018
2018 Summer Student opportunities will be posted in mid-December.
To apply, visit halton.ca/jobs.
The Halton Region Summer Students Program offers paid work opportunities to eligible post-secondary students. Students will gain hands-on experience in their fields and develop skills to help them meet their career goals.
- Job openings will be posted in mid-December.
- Visit halton.ca/jobs to submit an online application. Please include a personal email address on your application.
- If we select you for an interview, you will receive an email/electronic request with interview dates/times. Interviews run from February 12 to March 2, 2018.
- The employment period runs from May to September.
To be eligible for the Summer Students Program, students must be:
- Currently enrolled in full-time studies as part of a post-secondary program
- Returning to full-time studies in September 2018
- Legally eligible to work in Canada as a student
Possible fields of employment
Job openings will depend on each department’s needs. Previous summer student employees have worked in the following areas:
Chief Administrative Officer’s (CAO’s) Office
- Human Resource Services
- Social & Digital Media
- Financial and Purchasing Services
- Information Technology Services
- Water Services
Legislative & Planning Services Department
- Economic Development
- Heritage Services
- Planning Services
Public Works Department
- Business & Technical Services
- Transportation Services
- Waste Management and Road Operations
- Wastewater Services
- Water Services
Social & Community Services Department
- Services for Seniors
- Children’s Services