Summer Students Program
May to August, 2019
2019 Summer Student opportunities will be available from December 17, 2018 to January 6, 2019.
Check our jobs page to view postings and apply.
One awesome summer gig. Four months of hands-on experience. Countless doors opened.
Each summer, Halton Region offers paid work opportunities to eligible post-secondary students. As part of our team, you will gain invaluable hands-on experience in your field and develop skills that can help you achieve your future career goals.
- Our Summer Student program lets you explore your career options! At Halton, you’ll discover what it’s like to work in your field of interest.
- You’ll experience hands-on training and gain valuable work experience for your resume.
- A position at Halton will expand your knowledge and skills while helping you build the skill set you need for an amazing career.
- Job opportunities will be posted on December 17, 2018. Watch our social media channels for updates!
- Visit our jobs page to submit an online application, and include a personal email address.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will receive an email suggesting dates and times. Interviews will take place from February 13 to March 1, 2019.
- The employment period runs from May to August.
Please note: Only candidates considered for a position will be contacted for an interview. Due to the high volume of applications we receive for these positions, we are unable to provide status updates for applications.
- Currently enrolled in full-time studies as part of a post-secondary program.
- Returning to full-time studies in September 2019.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada as a student.
Possible fields of employment
Opportunities vary depending on the needs of each department. Previous participants have worked in the following areas:
Chief Administrative Officer’s (CAO’s) Office
- Human Resource Services
- Social & Digital Media
- Financial Services and Payroll
- Purchasing Services and Stores
- Information Technology
- Paramedic Services (logistics)
- Healthy Environments and Communicable Disease
Legislative & Planning Services Department
- Economic Development
- Heritage Services
- Planning Services
Public Works Department
- Engineering and Construction
- Waste Management Services
- Water and Wastewater System Services
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
Social & Community Services Department
- Services for Seniors
- Children’s Services