Halton’s financial reporting practices highlight the Region's achievements, providing insight into our prudent budgetary and financial management practices.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the Region’s financial picture for 2016. It includes audited financial statements from the past year and highlights Regional initiatives, accomplishments and performance statistics.
Highlights of investments
- Halton Region has currently budgeted over $4.1 billion in infrastructure capital over the next 10 years, which includes $2.2 billion in water and wastewater investments.
- Halton Region
- Halton Region’s 10-year transportation capital program is $1.5 billion, an increase of $735.7 million from the 2007 10-year capital program.
- Halton Region plans to invest $90 million in our social infrastructure through our 10-year Comprehensive Housing Strategy (2014-2024), which provides government assisted housing options for low income residents.
- Since 2007, we have expanded our Paramedic Services adding 51 new positions and four new stations to meet the increasing demand in the community.
- The Halton Region Community Investment Fund (HRCIF) provides over $2 million in funding annually for one-year and multi-year grants to non-profit social service and community health programs that support the health, wellbeing and safety of Halton residents. In 2016, we expanded HRCIF to create a new funding stream that provides over $200,000 to non-profit and community organizations working on projects to improve access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food.
To learn more about Halton Region’s 2016 Annual Financial Report or request a hard copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 311.