Halton Region’s Purchasing Services division handles the purchase of goods, services and construction projects:
- for all Regional departments
- with a total purchase value over $10,000
All purchasing activities comply with our Purchasing By-law (PDF file).
Purchasing Services provides suppliers with fair and equal opportunities to bid on Regional business. We are also a member of the following associations:
Bids and Tenders
You can view bid opportunities and documents on bidsandtenders.ca for the following commodities:
- Construction projects
Hard copy bid documents are available for purchase at 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville, Ontario, L6M 3L1, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Vendor Code of Conduct
Bid documents for competitive procurements (requests for tenders, proposals, quotations) now include Halton’s Vendor Code of Conduct (PDF file). This agreement requires service providers to demonstrate:
- solid business integrity
- alignment with our core values
- high standards of ethical behaviour
To be eligible for selection, bidders must confirm that they will comply with the vendor code.
When submitting your bid, please include the signed vendor code acknowledgement form.
Frequently Asked Questions: Online Bids
- Register at bidsandtenders.ca
- Unlimited annual subscription fee of $165.00 or a one-time fee per bid opportunity of $45.00
- View bid opportunities, addendums and results
- For more information, see the user guide
- Halton Region does not maintain Bidders Lists
- Formal bid opportunities are available bidsandtenders.ca
- Halton Region’s preferred method of payment is direct deposit
- Complete the Vendor and Direct Deposit Application and provide a void cheque
- The Regional Municipality of Halton
Attention: Accounts Payable
1151 Bronte Road
Oakville, ON L6M 3L1
- State: first name, last name and extension number